frequently asked questions
- Time to record the episode: 6PM - 10PM
- Day to record the episode: Monday - Wednesday
- 10 songs to listen to together
- Bio (1-3 sentences about themselves)
- Space in their home to record the episode
- Your Funeral Music is recorded at guest homes located within the Frogtown & Midway neighborhoods in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Typically in the living room or dining room.
- Monday - Wednesday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Your Funeral Music is 56 minutes long.
Your Funeral Music is recorded in one take. Expect for the host to be in your space for 90 minutes:
- 15 minutes to set-up microphone & stand
- 60 minutes to record episode
- 15 minutes to take-down microphone & stand
If the tune is explicit, we'll need the radio-edit version.
Find happiness by contemplating your mortality with the WeCroak app. Each day, the app sends you five invitations at randomized times to stop and think about death. It's based on a Bhutanese folk saying that to be a happy person one must contemplate death five times daily.
The WeCroak invitations come at random times and at any moment just like death. When they come, you can open the app for a quote about death from a poet, philosopher, or notable thinker.
Download the We Croak app here:
- Be prepared to explain why the songs are meaningful to you; and
- Provide a brief bio (1 - 3 sentences) for the host to introduce you.